Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It finally happened.

I can cook, really. I don't try different things often, but I can cook. But how hard is oatmeal? I wanted to eat some yummy oatmeal for breakfast and I got the water in the pan, not too much, since I am cutting portions....

I get the boy's cereal poured, and walked over to turn on the computer. I figured I would see if Pioneer Woman had updated her blog. I was hoping it would be another installment of Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. Sure enough, it was. I pulled the laptop unto my lap, peeked up at the boys eating breakfast, and by this time they were pretty much done.

About 3/4 the way through her post, I started smelling something, so I went to the kitchen. Sure enough, I BURNED WATER! I just chuckled to myself saying "darn you silly gal, why do you have to get so wrapped up in that blog!?" So I grabbed the pan, not thinking it was HOT or anything and set it down on a hot pad holder...WRONG thing to do. Plumes of smoke billowed out from under the pan, scorching the holder (thankfully not one of my favorites!) and leaving little burning red embers and a pitch black circle. Too funny!

The boys look on and Willard asks "What happened Mommy?" I told him I burned water, and he just walked away looking confused.

I can't remember the last time I burned water, or if I even had, but today was the day it was finally happened. NOw I am among the ranks of many men, including my lovely husband.

I am hoping to be very productive today, but it is almost noon and I am still in my jammies. Both the kids are dressed, but I have not gotten "dressed to the shoes" yet.

So, I am off. Braving Mt. Washmore and the steady stream of toys and blankets that seem to be all over our lovely little home. Randy might just have a heart attack if he saw it right now, and there isn't even bubble wrap on the floor. I can be a bit lazy though! I guess it isn't too bad, since it just needs to be picked up.

Tootles.

No comments: