Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snack talk?

(A note from me...this was written Tuesday morning, but we haven't had internet access...(the dog managed to pull the cable wire off the house.)

We have been in Fargo for 3 days...Randy would say 2 nights (or four days longer than he wanted to be there (he is actually really good at math...that is just how much he doesn't like "the northern climate"))...either way, we are in Fargo, it is 13 BELOW and 35 mile an hour winds. I think it is a neat town, well city really, and I have been trying to find the positives (unlike my dear and sweet husband who says that the only reason why people ever moved here is because they came in the summer, and those that survived the winter, couldn't afford to leave.).

1. The streets and avenues line up right. I know that because I kinda got a little lost last night, after shopping and I actually found my way back!

2. The Mall is really cozy. It is really warm and homey, and there is a MASSIVE fireplace in the food court. There is also a little room with "di-doors" (Dinosaurs in Maynardese) for the kids to play with. An old friend from Grade/High School who lives near Fargo and her boys and us went there for lunch as well. I also went shopping (well browsing) at the mall last night while Randy tried to take the boys swimming.

3. They have many cool stores that I have never been to. Bed, Bath and Beyond was cool, but I couldn't seem to grasp the gigantic assortment of doo-dads and other items that would eventually become next year's garage sale items at my house! They also had a Savers, which is a Thrift Department Store. I enjoyed it, but I only got one bag, for Randy to keep his log books in. I was looking for a coat tree/plant stand, but I didn't find anything reasonable. I heard they have a Linens and Things...I couldn't find it.

4. They have many places to eat. We were going to go to someplace "different" but we ended up going to Outback Steakhouse, since Randy was craving steak, and I was craving aussie fries (awfully good).


And then there was Willard. Somewhere along the line, he heard the words "Smack Talker". I don't recall ever saying that, and I am not quite sure what it is.

Recently, his comic timing has been quite hilarious, even though 99% of the time, he has no clue what he is saying, but he is trying to be funny, and that is funny, in it of itself.

Last night at dinner, we told the boys it was time to finish up, that we had to head back to the Hotel. Willard looks at Randy and says..."quit your snack talkin'!"

Ahh kids...

No comments: