Saturday, March 15, 2008

18436572...MORE Randomness from a Lazy Day.

I am still in my jammies. Thought of this...had to share.

18436572.

Do you know what that is? It is the firing order for a Chevy small block. I recite it in my sleep sometimes...well...not really. But it did kind of impress a certain hunk I met almost 10 years ago...and now he is my husband!

I had to know it when I was younger. It was the magic number. I loved to help my dad with mechanical stuff, and my dad was always working on one thing or another. He decided that it would be the number I needed to memorize in order for me to get things, just for fun!

Like...Dad, can I have some ice cream? What's the magic number? Or, Dad, can I take the car to town? What's the magic number? (Of course I would use please as well...)

I also had to sing songs to get things too:

Oh, My Darling Clementine
Honeycomb
From a Jack to a King
Mares eat Oats
King of the Road
Bicycle Built for Two

...and that is just a short compilation.

I sometimes had to say..Yes, Sir, Daddy, Sir!

At the time I thought it all of it was fun, but it had its moments of pure horror, like in front of company. But just thinking about the funny stuff I'd have to do brings back great memories. I love my Dad for doing that though. Thanks Dad!

No comments: