Thursday, January 4, 2007

We have a front load washer.

My first Blog...how fun!

This afternoon, while feeding Willard and Maynard, I was thinking about all the "things" I needed to do today. Laundry is one of them. My sons love to help, and they had helped put a load in before lunch.

Willard is singing twinkle twinkle little star (with a mouth full of PB&J), and I am concentrating on life and Maynard is throwing his apple slices on the floor. I look over to the washer and I see my water bottle tumbling away. It was a small serving of my daily reality checks that I am so thankful for.


No matter how perfect I want my days to be, or how I want to be, or how I want my family to be, there is always something to remind us of how imperfect we are.

Now, I tend to be an idealist, for my own sanity, but the longer I live this life, the easier it is to accept the reality of my life. As I sat there watching my bottle tumble away, I look at the boys, how healthy they have been, how, even with the morning we've had, we still could sing songs and laugh and play. How thankful I am for my loving husband, who sacrifices so much of himself for not only his family and friends, but people he meets on a daily basis.

So, even though all the "things" are really insignificant, in light of this afternoon's dose of reality, I still have to get more "things" done, including tackling Mt. Washmore!

I hope that when you read this, you take the time to think about what you are thankful for, and even in all that is going on in life, it really could be worse!

No comments: