Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Do as I say, not as I do...

My husband and I have a very unique relationship. Unique in the way that we react to each other, ask each other questions, talk to each other, and tease each other. He pretends to be the male chauvinist, and I pretend to be the slave wife.

One of Randy's famous phrases that he uses on all of us (remember this is all in jest), is: Hey Hon (or Son, if he is talkin' to the kids), I got a job for you...(then he would say something like, go to kitchen and grab the remote for me, or run out to the truck and get me my hat, or something along those lines.)

Now understand that my husband is very polite, and has great manners, but because the two of us mesh so well with each other I instinctively just do them (with a snarled face, or a curtsy or something). More often than not, he is joking, and just wants to see if he can get me to do things. The boys, well, they just like helping.

Tonight, after dinner, Willard was offered a cookie since he finished his dinner. Randy and I normally have a glass of milk with our cookies (is that where the pounds have come from?) so he walks up to me and says:

"Hey Mom, I gotta job for you. Why don't you go to the fridgerator and get me a glass of milk."

I was a bit stunned, and tried to keep a straight face. I ducked behind my husband, got my giggling and grinning out of the way, then offered to let him dunk his cookie in our milk, since there was NO WAY I was getting up...

Kids I tell ya!

No comments: